INDIGENOUS CADETSHIP OPPORTUNITY
This is an opportunity to be part of the Programs team for the Gallery’s 2018 season PERFECTION, developing skills and experience in curatorial practice, exhibition installation and events production and delivery.
The PERFECTION season includes:
- An exhibition - a mixture of commissioned exhibits and artworks, transdisciplinary research projects, and installations in the Melbourne School of Design building (11 Sep – 4 Nov)
- An associated programme of activities and events relating to the season theme
- Collaboration with our core target audience of 15-25-year-olds in the development and delivery of the season.
Possible tasks in the role might include:
- Assisting the planning, scheduling, resourcing, project delivery of exhibition installation, de-installation and related services and operations including provision of support to collection loans, artwork movement and on-site artist commissions
- Assisting with ensuring artworks and museum objects are appropriately managed including, transportation, condition reporting and handling procedures
- Supporting the Science Engagement Coordinator in the delivery of the Public Program of events for the 2018 season including talks, workshops, performances, and networking events
- Assisting with the curatorial development of a First Nations science themed component for the exhibition program in collaboration with INDIGI LAB (in collaboration with Luke Briscoe)
- Experience developing and delivery of social media content for the PERFECTION program.
The successful cadet will ideally start in May and continue until November 2018.
Read more about the role and apply here. Applications close Sunday 29 April.
ARE YOU SCI CURIOUS?
Curious about artificial intelligence, space travel and virtual reality? Or are you into dance and theatre, design, film and TV? Ever found yourself in a Google deep dive into Barbra Streisand’s cloned dogs?
Science Gallery Melbourne is looking for young and curious people to join Sci Curious – an advisory group that will help inform and shape the future of our exhibitions, public events and programs.
We’re keen to talk to 15 to 25-year-olds who are passionate about art, science, design, technology and innovation, and who are keen to meet other like-minded, self-confessed (and proud) nerds and contribute to the Gallery’s planning and projects, keeping young voices front and centre.
Read more and apply here. Applications close Friday 27 April.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE 2018 MEDIATOR PROGRAM
With each exhibition at Science Gallery Melbourne, we have a team of science students and recent graduates who work in the gallery as science communicators. We'll be hiring the mediator team for the 2018 PERFECTION exhibition around May, with the roles starting in September and finishing in November. These are paid roles.
If you're interested in becoming a mediator, please get in touch with Ellie, our Science Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com.