WHAT IS A MEDIATOR?
Mediators are the public face of Science Gallery Melbourne, bringing loads of enthusiasm and engaging conversations about the collision of arts and science to our visitors. They are self-confessed science and technology nerds, art lovers and design buffs who love talking about quirky, controversial and edgy topics. Mediators can come from a range of backgrounds and interests, but they all have one thing in common - they love all-things science and can't wait to tell you about it!
WHAT DO MEDIATORS DO?
Mediators are communicators, explainers, listeners and helpers. They must be prepared to develop an in-depth understanding of both the science and the art within our exhibitions, and are keen to explore interesting and provoking ideas with our visitors. They are excellent communicators, and understand the importance of listening to the views and opinions of others.
WHAT SKILLS ARE REQUIRED?
- A proven curiosity and enthusiasm for science, arts, design and technology
- Excellent verbal communication skills and a good listener
- An adaptable, flexible, and confident person who enjoys talking to people
- Self-starting and shows initiative, while being able to work effectively as part of a team
- Diverse combinations of interests, experience, subject specialties, and/or language skills
HOW DO I APPLY?
As Science Gallery Melbourne is currently running in pop-up mode, we only require mediators when we have exhibitions open. Keep an eye on our website and social media channels for information about available positions.